Digital Engagement Coordinator (Summer Curatorial Intern)
Website Indigenous Curatorial Collective
Activating Indigenous creative sovereignty
About the ICCA
The Indigenous Curatorial Collective / Collectif des commissaires autochtones (ICCA) is an Indigenous run and led non-profit organization that aims to support and connect fellow Indigenous curators, artists, writers, academics, and professionals through various methods of gathering. The ICCA engages in critical discourses, increases professional opportunities for our members, develops programming, and most importantly works to build reciprocal relationships with Indigenous curators, artists, communities and the institutions we engage with. The ICCA is invested in initiatives that influence a more equitable, accessible, and inclusive arts sector for Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour working in the arts.
Digital Engagement Coordinator
(Summer Curatorial Intern)
The primary responsibility of the Digital Engagement Coordinator is to develop and produce communications content for the 2021 ICCA Digital Gathering. They also have the important task of assisting the Director of Programming and the Program Coordinator in the digital implementation, coordination, and production of the 2021 Gathering.
- This remote position is 28-hours per week
- Beginning Monday June 28, 2021 until Friday November 12, 2021
- At a rate of $23 per hour
The Digital Engagement Coordinator is responsible for the following tasks and activities:
- Working with the ICCA Programming team (Director of Programming, Program Coordinator, and Curatorial Intern) to assist in activities of the 2021 ICCA Digital Program;
- Developing communications content in relation to the 2021 ICCA Digital Gathering which includes drafting content for social media that promotes: the Gathering, the participating artists and curators, and the work of our partners;
- Community outreach and communications with key stakeholders primarily over email but also through video meetings;
- The Digital Engagement Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that those they work with for the ICCA Gathering feel cared for and heard throughout the process. This work requires that the Digital Engagement Coordinator work closely and intentionally with partners, participating individuals, youth, elders, institutional representatives, etc.;
- Research activities involving contemporary Indigenous artistic and curatorial practices; and
- Working with the rest of the ICCA team in weekly Zoom meetings, content creation, and helping with general tasks as they come up.
- The individual should be familiar with Indigenous art history and curatorial practices and has general knowledge of arts, culture and cultural institutions;
- They should have a strong work ethic, the ability to work remotely and independently, and has strong time management abilities;
- Excellent written and communication skills;
- Self-motivated individual ; and
- Must be between the ages of 15-30.
- Knowledge of Adobe programs such as Indesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop is considered a strong asset.
To Apply send a one-page cover letter and resumé to Camille Larivée at email@example.com
Apply before Friday June 18, 2021
If you would like assistance with your application you may email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can figure out how best to assist you through this process or answer any questions you might have.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com